Thursday, November 3, 2016

The First Post - A little about me....

Welcome to WaCkY WeSt BLog


Well this is my first blog post. I am sure you can tell and I hope to get better as I go along. 

I created this blog to connect with other teachers. I have taught for 8 years in first grade and one year in kindergarten. I LOVE teaching this age group. I love the connection that is made with learning at this age. It has been a passion of mine to be a teacher and I love every stressful minute of it. 

I graduated in 2007 and in 2008 got my first job teaching in Tennessee. I moved to TN from Michigan with a friend of mine who just graduated too. We were both teaching first grade in the same district and so excited to have jobs. I transferred the next year to the same school as my friend and we worked together in first grade and kindergarten. 

After my year in kindergarten, the numbers for kindergarten dropped and I was asked to move back to first grade. I was not happy at first with the move but it ended up being a great thing. My team of teachers in first grade were like family to me since I lived so far away from my actual family. 

I started dating my now husband, Jason, 3 years ago. He was a transplant as well, from Florida. He traveled with me to Michigan one day and fell in love with the area. We were married in Michigan, vacationed in Michigan and now we live in Michigan. 

Since we moved to Michigan, I have had a difficult time finding a job. I am going to be subbing shortly but in the meantime, I am going to try to help with the information I gathered in the 8 years that I taught and hopefully connect with teachers to help me get a job. 

When I worked in TN, I was the grade level "team leader" and the go to for computer things. I know there are teachers out there that are more computer savvy than I, but I am trying to boost my knowledge while I am out of work. Perfect my craft and hopefully help improve my chances in the job market. 

I am coming to the blog world to help me with my computer needs, get my questions answered and help others if I can. 

More posts to come!

Wacky West (Melisa) 

No comments:

Post a Comment