Tuesday, November 15, 2016

100s and 120s Chart Freebies and Activity

100s and 120s Chart Activity


I like to think of activities that my kids can go to when they are done with their work, maybe even done with a station and need something to do for a few minutes while others finish. I call these activities, "Early Finishers" and I usually keep them in buckets on a shelf for the kiddos to go to. I talked about elkonin boxes as a great ELA early finisher a couple posts back and I wanted to give you more ideas. 

I usually keep a list of what the students must do during their work time and put "Early Finishers" on the may do list when they are done with their must dos. 

This is a great math early finisher activity. I print 100s or 120s charts on colored paper. I try to find as many different colors as I can. You could print on card stock but if you laminate, you don't have to. I ask my other teacher friends for a couple sheets of their colored paper if they have different colors than me. I use all the different colors so I can make as many puzzles as I can. When the students go to clean up, they know that ONE color goes in their bag. That way there is not mixing up bags. DON'T FORGET - print one on white too!
Zipper Bags
are GREAT!
Once I print all the 100s charts out that I want, I laminate the sheets whole. I trim the sheets and then make 100s chart puzzles. I cut them in many different ways. Remember the more cuts that you make, the harder the puzzle will be. You can change out your puzzles as the year goes on, if you would like to. I put the puzzles in ziplock bags. I LOVE the bags with the zipper because they are easier for kids to work them. 

ALSO, I like to print out a couple copies of each chart and laminate them in advance so I can just pull them out and make new puzzles when needed but you can always go back and print more. (I also print in advance while I have the colored paper, I don't want to use a color all up during the year and then not have a chance to have it as a puzzle color.)

I made my own 100s and 120s chart and posted them on TpT for FREE!! You can go there and also check out my other TpT items. 


Thanks for stopping by! Check back for more ideas and freebies! 

Wacky West




No comments:

Post a Comment